Sustainable ManagementNeptune's Sustainable Commitment
Water Quality & Saving
- Flow regulators and other water saving devices reduce water consumption.
- The towels and bed linen are changed upon our guests' request.
- Treated waste water is used for the irrigation of the garden.
- An automatic irrigation system with timing devices delivers water to plants below soil level.
- On a regular basis pool, sea, treated waste & drinking water is analyzed in a certified laboratory.
- We will gradually replace high flush toilets with two flush option toilets (low and medium flush).
- Cleaning agents and other chemical substances are chosen according environmental friendly standards and correct use and safe disposal is ensured.
- In the kitchens, fat is collected separate.
- Energy efficient lighting is installed in all the external areas of the hotel and at least 60% of the internal areas.
- Solar power is responsible for heating 80% of the water during the summer months.
- Automatic devices are present in all the guest rooms to switch off the air-conditioning when windows/doors are opened.
- When the room is vacated, a key card system switches off the electricity (refrigerators are excluded).
- Regular maintenance checks are being carried out to timely detect leaks and faults.
- Hot water pipe insulation and mix-taps ensure that water is delivered at the required temperatures.
- All the liquid waste is treated in the hotel's private waste water treatment plant.
Solid Waste management by Reduce/Reuse:
- Returnable glass bottles for water & soft drinks.
- Returnable glass bottles and barrels for beer./li>
- Discontinuation of the use of aluminium drink cans as well as plastic cocktail accessories in all the F&B departments.
- Bulk purchasing of products - gradual reduction of single use packaging (e.g. breakfast, food, plastic utensils, etc.).
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are bought in returnable crates or sacks.
- Disposable plastic glasses, cups & plates have been replaced with reusable polycarbonate ones.
- Concentrated cleaning agents in recyclable containers of less plastic and recycled paper.
- Gradual removal of plastic refuse bags of all bedroom bins.
Solid Waste minimization by Recycling:
- Electronic/electrical equipment and energy saving bulbs recycling in cooperation with local municipality.
- Used cooking oils are being recycled in cooperation with a certified local company.
- Toner and cartridges are being recycled in cooperation with a certified local company.
- Small and large size batteries as well as tires and lubricants recycled in cooperation with the corresponding national collectible management system.