RecognitionNeptune's Sustainable Commitment
Travelife Gold Award for Neptune Hotels
Travelife is an international sustainability certification scheme for hotels and accommodations. Travelife helps hotels and accommodations to improve how they manage their environmental and social impacts, such as reducing their energy or water consumption, and ensuring they support local people, businesses and culture.
The Travelife for Hotels & Accommodations certification criteria also covers issues like human rights, child protection and employee welfare. Helping to ensure they operate fair practices and are working to protect their guests, employees and the local community where they operate. For meeting the demanding sustainability criterias of Travelife Neptune Hotels - Resort, Convention Centre & Spa is awarded the Gold Award.
TUI Environmental Champion
New Eco Award and recognition for Neptune Hotels
For the 8th consecutive year, Neptune Hotels - Resort, Convention Centre & Spa received the TUI Environmental Champion Award. This award is presented annually by TUI, the leading worldwide tourism company, to the Top 100 hotels as voted by the guests in conjunction with an on-site professional hotel inspection by an independent, accredited specialist to ascertain the implementation of the Travelife sustainable management system criteria.
- Introduction of specific measures to the daily operation of each department to reduce energy, water and chemicals consumption as well as waste production
- Waste recycling where possible. All hazardous waste are safely disposed of and recycled
- Support the local/Greek market by increasing the use and promotion of local/Greek products in all its F&B outlets
- Increase environmental awareness among its staff, guests, the local community and business partners
- Support of non governmental, non profit environmental organizations towards nature protection, e.g. Archelon (Greek Society for the Sea Turtle Protection) and social initiatives helping local community projects.
The Management and the staff of Neptune Hotels would like to THANK ALL OUR GUEST for giving us this global distinction. There is still a lot we have to achieve but we promise to continue our efforts with respect to improve your holiday environment at this holiday destination.
Blue Flag Program & Awarding
Troulos Beach, the beach along which Neptune Hotels is situated, is one of the beaches on the island of Kos awarded with the “Blue Flag Award”. With this, the Hotel’s effort towards a sustainable beach management has been recognized for the 19th consecutive year.
The Blue Flag is a voluntary eco-label, awarded to more than 4.000 beaches and marinas in 50 countries across Europe, South Africa, Morocco, Tunisia, New Zealand, Brazil, Canada and the Caribbean. Once more Greece ranked second amongst the 51 countries worldwide.
The Blue Flag works towards sustainable development of beaches and marinas through strict criteria dealing with Water Quality, Environmental Education & Information, Environmental Management, Safety and other services.
The Blue Flag Program is owned and run by the non-government, non-profit organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). FEE representative in Greece is the Hellenic Society for Nature Protection, which runs the program successfully since 1992.