How you can helpNeptune's Sustainable Commitment
Get actively involved in our environmental program
You may have realized the commitment of the Management and the personnel of your holiday resort “Neptune Hotels - Resort, Convention Centre & Spa”, to continuously improve the hotel's environmental performance parallel to the protection of the natural environment at its destination. Please help us to achieve our "green" goals by taking the following measures:
- In case you notice any dripping taps, water wastage, electrical problems, etc., please report this to our reception.
- Taking care that all the lights and the air conditioning are switched off when leaving the room.
- Participate in our hotel's towel- & linen program. A detailed explanation can be found on the appropriate card in your room and bathroom.
- Take a shower before using the pools. This will save water as it minimizes pollution of the water as well as energy, as it relieves the operation of the pool filter system.
- Keep the hotel's gardens and the beach clean; refuse bins are provided for all rubbish.
- Support your hotel’s waste minimization and recycling program that was achieved regardless the lack of relative infrastructure on the island.
- Please do not through away the room amenities that are left at your departure. The cleaning ladies will collect them to be recycled by the organization “Clean Hands”.
- Please dispose your used batteries in the designated bin at the reception area.
- When you enjoy beers, table water, soft drinks or wine in glass bottles, please leave the empty bottles on the table in the hotel's F&B outlets or on the table at your room. Our staff will collect them in order to be returned to the relative suppliers for reuse.
- Electrics or small electronical devices can also be handed to the reception, which will dispose them safely in the appropriate bins in the recycling station of our hotel.
- Explore the island by bicycle. Kos is known among cyclists for its challenging tracks. Please visit the mountain bike center of our hotel for more information.
- Try Greek and traditional local tastes, such as sweet tomatoes with almonds, thyme honey, herbal tea, the refreshing cinnamon drink “Kanelada”, wines from Kos island's fruitful vineyards, etc. Take these wonderful, local tastes, back home with you as a gift for family and friends, contributing to the local economy.
Any comments, suggestions or ideas you have which can contribute to the improvement of our “green” efforts are welcomed; you can gladly hand them to our reception or our Guest Relations. The hotel's Management will be pleased to welcome your positive input!